Friday, December 5, 2014

From Shadows to Film: Time Based Media

An interesting article that shines a light into our culture and how men no longer display certain physical touching that had been the norm in the past brings to light some very interesting physiological effects that we are afflicted by. Looking at the old pictures of men holding hands or even sitting on each others laps made me think that they were in some kind of romantic relationship, and I was less then interested. But as I read through the article I began to realize just how used to the current culture we live in. I would never in a million years think to hold the hand of one of my buddies in any situation, aside from shaking their hand. Yet this kind of touching was very common not all that long ago. I cannot help but think back on the way in which I was raised, and how I was taught to interact with people that it become so painfully obvious that our culture is fundamentally founded on homophobia, and despite being so obvious we do not necessarily realize just how much we are affected by it. That is just so gay.



No comments:

Post a Comment